Note: This is a temporary position for summer vacation coverage.
As office assistant III, you'll be responsible for performing a variety of intermediate clerical and/or stenographic duties.
As a qualified candidate, you're able to:
• Type a minimum of 45 wpm
• Transcribe and type a variety of materials including correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
• Receive telephone calls, provide general information, take messages, forward calls as appropriate, and receive and direct visitors
• Set up appointments for various medical examinations, make reservations for travel, and handle other logistics as required
• Obtain information from claimants, employers, or other parties as directed
• Perform a variety of clerical duties for occupational hygiene and occupational safety officers and support specialists
• Record Prevention notices, maintain appropriate files for Prevention, and distribute Prevention pamphlets, booklets, handouts, posters, and stickers
• Receive, open, date stamp, sort, and forward mail as required
• Perform routine clerical duties within the office, including filing, sending faxes, emailing, numbering mail and scanning on a daily basis or as needed
• Provide intermittent back up as required for other levels of office assistants
You possess the following experience and educational background:
• Grade 12
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
• Recent, related work experience in a clerical role
APPLY TO: www.worksafebc.com/careers and click on Career Opportunities. Only applications submitted through the WorkSafeBC website will be accepted.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.